Lemon Balm and Ginger Tea
Need a natural stress buster? Try some lemon balm and ginger tea. Lemon balm has soothing and calming properties that help you relax. If you suffer from indigestion, gas and bloating, the combination of lemon balm and ginger will relieve the colic symptoms and reduce the inflammation. Lemon balm has been called “the elixir of life”.
Serves 3 cups
Refreshing served either hot or cold. Lemon balm is also great mixed with spearmint too for a great iced tea.
5 minsPrep Time
20 minsCook Time
25 minsTotal Time
- handful of lemon balm leaves
- an inch of peeled ginger, chopped
- warm water
- fresh organic lemon juice
- raw honey (optional)
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil.
- Turn off heat.
- Add lemon balm and ginger and allow to steep for 10-20 minutes.
- Pour into cup.
- Squeeze lemon juice into cup.
- Add honey (optional).
- Relax and enjoy.
If you are on medication, especially thyroid medication, please check with your doctor before using. Check with your medical care provider if you are pregnant or nursing.