Make Ahead Meatballs
Some days I don’t have the time or the energy to cook from scratch. I look for ways to make cooking easy and healthy. These basic meatballs work for any recipe since the ingredients allow for any sauce and seasonings for your main course.
This recipe makes approximately 50-60 meatballs, depending on how big you make them. I can pop out 3 meatballs per serving for a dish and have dinner in minutes.
Save money and save time by making these meatballs ahead of time and freezing them. Great for nights when there is no time to cook but need a healthy meal.
10 minPrep Time
18 minCook Time
28 minTotal Time
- 3/4 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 dash of Tabasco sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease foil with olive oil.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Use your hands to shape small meatballs approximately 1 inch in size.
- Place meatballs on cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes until brown.
You can use them immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours. To freeze, place in labeled bag and lay flat on cookie sheet until frozen. This allows you to remove individual meatballs when needed.