I love, love, love, this moisturizing cream. So does my husband but for different reasons. It helps restore the moisture for my skin but it helps his stiff shoulder. How could a moisturizing cream do both? It’s the secret ingredient that I added. Which essential oil(s) you use when making this cream can determine other health benefits to the cream you create. My favorite is my “Peace and Calming” blend that helps me relax and moisturize my body. You can use any essential oils to your cream you desire to make it your own. The main recipe I used was from Dr. Josh Axe, adopting his “Homemade Frankincense and Myrrh Lotion” to create other moisturizing creams using other essential oils.
This moisturizing cream helps dry skin and depending on which essential oils you use, can have other health benefits too. I used the shorter 1/2 pint jars with the wide mouth and decorative labels to make an attractive gift idea.
15 minsPrep Time
5 minsCook Time
20 minsTotal Time
- •1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Bees wax
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 2 tbsp Vitamin E
- 20 drops frankincense essential oil
- 20 drops myrrh essential oil
- Put olive oil, coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter in a double boiler over medium heat until melted.
- Place in glass bowl and refrigerate for one hour (until solid).
- Beat mixture until creamy.
- Add Vitamin E and Essential Oils.
- Beat until oils are mixed thoroughly.
- Fill half pint mason jar with cream for storage and label.
I used the 1/2 pint jar that is short and has the wide mouth. I purchased plastic lids to fit and used decorative canning labels to place on the lid.